Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Special Project for a Special Lady

Several weeks ago (4-2-15) our family experienced the passing of my mother-n-law. She was 92 and had a wonderful life. As part of my tribute to the family and her I made this cherry and Maple urn to keep the ashes in. About 15 years ago I had made a similar container for my father-n-law. His container was not quote as nice. It was in my earlier days of wood working. I know Virginia would be very happy with the results.

This was made of cherry and maple. In the corners I added the corner splines. Being my first time doing this I was not very pleased with how they turned out. You may be able to see 1/2" dowels..well I had some of the cherry split out on me, so I elected to add the dowels to add that little feature and cover the mistakes. The top portion of the urn was screwed by using pocket holes. The bottom was screwed straight on from the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment