Friday, January 8, 2016

Christmas Gift for my wife

This past fall my wife and I was trekking though some antique stores in Waynesville, Ohio and we came across a nice little project that my wife seemed to like. We are both interested in Primitive style items and this looked to be something that would fit right in.
I was allowed to take a little snap shot of this item and went from there. Some barn siding material I have stacked behind my shop should fit the bill, so that's what I used. One major thing I did different then what the reference house showed was how the front rear and ends went together. Instead of butting together I overlapped like a log cabin. By using the barn siding, this seemed to be better.
One other feature I did was hand carve the front door. Not should is a light that attaches to the back. This helps light up the inside.



.


No comments:

Post a Comment