Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Utility Shed Addon

Since we had moved into our 55+ community 2 years ago our garage has been a warehouse of about everything we owned. Biggest stuff in the way was our lawn mower, power washer, lawn tools,etc. Besides I needed more room for my workshop.
To me the simplest solution was to add on the back of my garage. Overall size is about 5' wide x 7' long. Started out with concrete blocks and then ground contact lumber for joist. Next was the floor, walls and then roof. I wanted to do something special with the doors so I could blend in with my home. The doors are cedar fence pickets with an outdoor wood frame. Stained the cedar to give it the rich cedar looks. As you can see stain works well with our shutters.
Total cost was around $650.00. Still need to add a few storage shelves. That will be done in a couple weeks or so.
Now that this is finished I will be forced to replace door going into shop :)

Completed Shed
Adding a few decorating items. More to add later

Before building

To illustrate our color scheme 



No comments:

Post a Comment