Monday, December 17, 2018

Holiday Bazaar 2018

In June of 2018 my wife and I had moved to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to my son and his family. Since we have moved, I have been wanting to look for a venue to possibly sell my wears. In the community that my wife and I had just moved into was planing a Holiday Bazaar. We thought this would just what we needed. So in August I began carving. At opening of the show I have had roughly 60 carving ready to go. Besides the carvings I made some other primitive type projects to sell such as lanterns, re-claimed wood chrismas trees. Also, my wife had made 6 Christmas stockings. Just like what she had as a child.
The results of the show was not good as years past, but we were glad to just have the exposure. In our hometown in Indiana, we still had a great following who was kind enough to purchase too. At this show we maybe have sold around 8 carvings but our hometown friends had purchase around 21 pieces. So we were absolutely excited with the end results.




No comments:

Post a Comment