Saturday, June 12, 2021

Wood Carving Bench Update

 Since we have been living in Mount Vernon, Wa and had my shop setup, I did not have a great way to organize my wood carving workbench. Finally after looking at some ideas this is what I came up with.

 First I lowered bench down to 30" high so I can use a desk chair, I purchased the vise and mounted on the swivel tip base. Base made of 3/4" plywood. Hinges on front of bench it will allow me to tip up to 60 degrees and swivel every 45 degrees. Behind the bench I made this shelf to hold carving knives and carving blanks. Then just a couple days after I made this swivel Rack to hold my most used knives. 



Shown in Tipped up position. 


Shown Rotated 45 degrees


Knob un-screws to allow me to rotate.



Rotating rack to keep most used knives.


1 comment: