Friday, July 10, 2015

Little Table

In the past I have been doing wood carving of small Santa's, Snowmen, and things like that. In January of 2015 I went to the Woodworking Show in Indianapolis, In and purchased the "Arbortech" Mini Grinder. Finally had caught up on all my honey-do list so I had the chance to play with this. I asked a co-worker if he might have some pieces of wood laying around. he brought me in about 8 pieces of Cedar and cherry stumps. With one of the cedar pieces I created this wood spirit looking thing. After carving the post I was trying to decide what else I could do with this. My first thought was to set in the landscaped area around the pool. After some further thought the idea of making it into some type if table might fit the bill? At this point I feel like this is a good place to keep it. Maybe comeback and put several coats of poly to protect from the weather. This could be a place to set some type of draping plant on top?
The post is cedar. Size is about 8"dia x 18" long. Table top is a piece of Oak barn siding that I had laying around. It is about 1 1/4" thick x 14" dia.
I may try to make another one to go in the house? It could be a conversation piece of sort??






No comments:

Post a Comment