Monday, October 17, 2016

Preparing for Christmas

This past September I have been preparing for the local "Handmade Show" on the first Saturday of December. I have been carving these Santa's and Snowmen for the last three years. This may be my last year for this show because of plans to move. My wife does the painting and I will then distress to give them the old look. I will carve about 75 pieces before I finish.

Now the painting process has started. As of November 3rd I have 59 out of 75 carvings ready to paint. My wife Karen began that process. Distress will happen after painting.

Most all painting is complete...Also have distressed most all too. We are now wrapping up a few details about getting ready for the show, I still may add maybe 10 more carvings for good measure?

My show was a great success. Thanks to all my loyal supporters over the last four years. I started out with about 72 pieces. I'm looking forward to another year.

As show opened

Inventory two hours into show

End of show at 5:00 p.m.






Start with the red..snowmen on right, customer wanted red. A theme snowmen for their team favorite Louisville Cardinals


Half way to my 75 total mark



Overall progress so far

New items for this year

No comments:

Post a Comment